lunes, 8 de abril de 2013

A nice poem! Robert L. Stevenson

Remember the beautiful quotation we learned from Robert L.Stevenson?

Here is a picture of him!





Remember we analysed the poem Travel  from Robert L. Stevenson's collection Child's Garden of Verses?


Here I leave a beautiful poem called  My Bed is a Boat 

Sweet dreams my dear students!

Robert Louis Stevenson

My Bed is a Boat

From Child's Garden of Verses
My bed is like a little boat;
     Nurse helps me in when I embark;
She girds me in my sailor's coat
     And starts me in the dark.

At night I go on board and say
     Good-night to all my friends on shore;
I shut my eyes and sail away
     And see and hear no more.

And sometimes things to bed I take,
     As prudent sailors have to do;
Perhaps a slice of wedding-cake,
     Perhaps a toy or two.
All night across the dark we steer; But when the day returns at last, Safe in my room beside the pier, I find my vessel fast


More Stevenson poems! 

http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/stevenson/collections/childs_garden_of_verses.html


1 comentario: